Wednesday, May 31, 2017

It Takes a Team


   Guest blogger here again.....Phil is a bit wiped out today so I told him to rest and I'll handle this again today.
   He had some bloody noses that wouldn't quit last night.  But I guess with a platelet count of 18 that happens.  His blood just isn't clotting much.  So they gave him platelets at 4 am.  He also started on the Neupogen injections last night.  I hope things turn around now.  And quickly.
   I hear the sounds of the medical team in the hallway.......let's see what they say.  My guess: this is all to be expected.  The way it goes most mornings, Phil cracks some kind of a silly joke just before they walk out the door and we hear them laughing and talking about "what a funny guy he is."  I don't think he is feeling real "funny" this morning though.

And.....just as I suspected.  They are not overly concerned.  Phil's throat is sore so his meds will now be liquified or given IV.  On the plus side, he is now given slushies whenever he wants them.  They would like him to eat more (by eat, I mean drink Ensures).  The doctors are saying that nothing has been out of the ordinary with Phil's counts and they expect that soon those blood cells will multiply and do their job.
   Your job, dear prayer team, is to pray.  Phil is totally dependent on God's healing power now.  We will sit here and watch it happen.  We might watch a few movies while we're at it though.  If you need to know anything about what is on TV, what movies are good, which movies are bad, what the talk show hosts are saying, the daily news happenings, etc., just ask us.  We are in the know.  And we are grateful for you, our faithful team.



4 comments:

  1. I've been reading these posts with care and concern, and it leads me to pray! He is near.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continually sent from here on the Prairie. Love Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying here at the Lanning house!

    ReplyDelete