Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Next Step


   Today is the day.  In a few hours I will be moving into Butterworth Spectrum for a month or so.  This transplant is never anything I wanted to do but it is now my experience to embrace.  Let's get it done and move on with the rest of my life.  I am supported by so many people and have the certainty that this too will be overcome by the power I claim that is outside of me.  "Bless me, God.  Please take care of my family while I am hospitalized.  Please allow this experience to be used by you to point to your goodness and your power.  You have been so good to me.  Let's go.  Amen."
   It was all a wonderful distraction yesterday as I played around with 20 beautiful seventh graders for the day on our class trip.  Going out for breakfast, on to the Whitecaps game, and then to the beach allowed me to not even think much about what today might have in store.  But also today is here and now I have new challenges to face that may not be as fun, but fun is overrated.  Life is about learning and laughing and becoming more like our Father in heaven and showing his love wherever we go.  Each day we have the opportunity to do just that.  It will be a great day.
   Already today I have been blessed with so many texts and messages wishing me well during this next step in the journey.  You people are amazing.  I will keep you updated as I can from the 5-Center floor of Butterworth Spectrum Hospital in beautiful downtown Grand Rapids, MI.  Please pray for Connie and the kids and their lives as I abandon them for a while.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment