Thursday, December 29, 2016

Wendy


   Well, the next round of chemicals taking a sight-seeing trip through my body has begun!  Chemo went in without a problem and now we wait through the next 72 hours to see what fireworks might occur.  I pray that the fireworks show is a dud because I saw all I needed to see with the last round of chemo.  But then again, everywhere I go, I am blessed.  At the treatment center today, we were in a conversation with Wendy (our nurse) and she was explaining what had happened to her back about a year ago.  She was in a serious head-on accident and both she and her husband survived but Wendy had serious injuries.  She talked about it almost matter-of-factly, but then again she is a nurse and they do have a clinical way of discussing injuries and pain -- I know this to be a fact because my mom is a nurse, my sister is a nurse, and my wife is a nurse.  Broken wrist, sternum, ribs, collarbone, and a whole lot of pain for a good long time.  But there she was today, attending to my port and my medical needs.  Everywhere I go I see God's goodness to his people.  So what is it that I have to complain about?  Nothing.  Life is good.  God gives it.  We get to live it.
   The next round of chemicals is cruising around inside of me right now.  No problem.  And my wife just walked through the door with groceries and such.  I think I will try to steal a kiss...oh yeah, life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Phil-
    Need you feeling well for the Lions Sunday night. You'll need to wear your jersey on Monday! Prayers being prayed for you. Perry

    ReplyDelete