Sunday, December 4, 2016

A Day of Blessings


   It's a quiet Sunday morning.  I awoke with quite a headache this morning and so Connie and the kids went to church without me.  This will be an eventful week.  Chemo starts.  I have no idea how I am going to react to all of this stuff that gets injected into me but I hope that my body deals with it and that healing can begin.  While I am a tough old coot, I also have come face to face again with the limitations of this "fearfully and wonderfully made" carcass of mine.  But again we are surrounded by people who simply choose to bless us in whatever way they can:
  • Josh and Brenda -- thanks for coming over and reminding me and my children that the world is a big place and that God is a part of it all.  
  • Tom and Lynn -- thanks for the care package, the prayers, the visit, the "insider-trading" information from people who have endured and conquered what I am facing, and the friendship that has lasted more than 30 years.  I am only guessing that won't change over the next 30 years.    
  • Matt and Amy -- thanks for the tree, the love, the compassion, the understanding.  You are people who are currently fighting the fight and yet you found time and energy to visit us and bless us.  Want some more pumpkin pie?
   And that was just yesterday.  One day.  God has an army of people who consistently ride to our rescue and bless us.  Wherever you are, listen to the Holy Spirit's prompting you to do something for someone else.  It could be inconvenient, it could be clumsy, but if God is prompting you to do something for someone else, you might be surprised at the depth of blessing someone else receives because you acted.
   It's a quiet Sunday morning.  Stay quiet long enough to hear what God is saying to you today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment