Monday, December 12, 2016

Team Oomie Zoomie


   It has been a difficult few days, but I am still holding fast to the fact that I am blessed.  Today (Monday) I was able to take in a little food for the first time since Friday.  Thanks to the Suess Family  for providing the food that did the trick!  I was back at the treatment center again to day to get yet another bag of saline -- my third now -- as I try to fight of the dehydration problems that chemo patients know all to much about.  As I write this now (7:00 pm) I have food in my belly, I have not had a nap in more than six hours, I am not feeling nauseous at all, and I have my grandson cuddling up next to me watching an episode of Team Oomie Zoomie on his iPad.  My wife the nurse says no school yet tomorrow for me because she thinks I need to actually eat more than just once before going to school for the day.  But still, so blessed.  Here are my shout-outs for today.  I guess you could say this is my Team Oomie Zoomie:
  • Eric F -- all of that Arnie's Food has my son thinking he wants to work for you someday.  Your willingness to just come by and pray with me was a blessing.  Thanks.
  • Anna -- your flower on your smock reminded me of spring.  That is when all of this will be behind us.  Thanks.
  • Ginger, Drew, and Darby -- your chicken and noodles were my first meal in a very long time and you delivered it to our door on a snow day.  Thanks.
  • Kate, Steve, and Abby -- you guys all drove up here from Virginia and Ohio to hang out with me.  You are amazing children.  Perhaps more importantly, bringing the grandchildren was a really good idea.  Thanks.
  • Connie -- you are the best.  You just are.  Ain't no man alive who can honestly say that he has it better than I do.  For taking care of me, for loving me, for sticking with me...thanks.
   Thanks for your interest, kind notes, and prayers.  This is hard, but when I think of how blessed I am, I realize there are so many others whose lives are so much harder than mine.  With my God, with his blessings, I vow to keep going with that Hebrews 12 perseverance.  Now back to Team Oomie Zoomie.

No comments:

Post a Comment