Monday, January 2, 2017

Nancy, Howie, and James


   It is now Monday morning -- the Rose Bowl Parade is on television and I understand the Lions lost last night.  Oh well.  Other things seem to have taken greater precedence lately.  I believe Round Two of Chemo (which was on Thursday, Dec. 29) is safely in my rear view mirror at this point and I think we made it through relatively well.  I still have no appetite -- I know, I know, I have to force myself to eat.  But other than the accompanying exhaustion that seems to come with each of these rounds, I think we will pull through this round relatively unscathed.  Thank you for checking in.
   I want to make sure that all of you who have been praying for me will also launch your prayers on behalf of a few others right now:
   1. Please pray for Nancy.  Her next round of chemo is on Thursday and she did not handle the first round any better than I did.  She is now one of my official partners as we pass through this craziness together.  Please bless her with your prayers.
   2. Please pray for Howard.  My friend's father is looking at the possible diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and has been through several bouts with cancer in the last twenty years.  His words have meant inspiration for many and now he needs prayers for his body.  Please bless Howard with your prayers.
   3. Please pray for James.  He is the brother of my auto mechanic and James, at 66 years old, has had many respiratory problems lately and is in the hospital.  My mechanic is a good man but does not have the saving knowledge of Jesus in his life.  I promised Randy I would pray for James -- please help me out in this regard.
   One does not have to go far to find people in need.  The New Year typically is a time of optimism and hope but for many people that does not seem to fit with whatever they are facing.  Trust me...cancer sucks.  There is nothing good about it.  But I have hope, a future, a support system, a great God, and a family.  Many people endure what I am enduring without these key factors.  Please remember them and look for a neighbor that you can bless somehow today.  Thank you for reading...now get busy with the praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment