Friday, January 6, 2017

Announcements For My Students


   After one day back in the classroom, I would like to use this space today to simply report about a few things:
   1. I am now thoroughly exhausted.
   2. A lot of what concerned me about employment as a teacher and the accompanying   responsibilities during the next few months is being resolved.  I am blessed to have an administrator who sees what I am going through and is willing to hear me out and help me solve issues -- even when I am crying (although he knows a thing or two about shedding tears over important matters).
   3. I am more resolved than ever that I want to be at this school.
   4. I am more resolved than ever that I want to get better so that I can be the type of teacher this school deserves and expects.
    I am excited.  I am good.  I want to be a good teacher again.  I will be a good teacher again.  Watch out, my current students.  You are going to learn more than you ever expected when I get over this.  I thought it would be good just to warn you.

4 comments:

  1. I eavesdropped on your class as I walked by today. Not your lesson, but your tone. You sounded strong and confident and your kids looked engaged. Seems like a good day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God gives us enough for each day! Thankful to have you back in whatever way it looks like! Your honest testimony of struggle in trials will stay with your students for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you, Phil. It was so good to have you back. Anytime. Any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've always been so much more than the type of teacher even the best school could deserve and expect.
    So, if you have what you would count as some off-days during this season, you should know: those off-days will put you closer to being the type of teacher a school could deserve and expect--even though you'll still leave the rest of us educators on our heels.

    ReplyDelete