Friday, March 17, 2017

Realizations on a Friday


Image result for friday   It's Friday.  I am getting ready to head into school for the day, which is something I hope to do for many more Fridays to come.  I am feeling pretty good.  I am looking forward to the post-cancer portion of my life with an excitement that is hard to measure.  While March Madness holds a lot of hope and expectation for the basketball world, the excitement I feel for life after cancer is certainly comparable -- with a difference.  Unlike the March Madness participants and fans, I know I will win.  I will win because God cares more about me than he does about March Madness.  I will win because everyone in my circles is cheering me on.  I will win because "...to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21).  That makes it all a no-brainer...I will win.
   I received several cards this week that reminded me of facts that cannot be overlooked.  I am loved.  I am being watched.  I have a voice even though what I have to say now is tempered by experience and circumstances.  Even when it is limited to this blog, I still have that voice.  I have the opportunity to write these things down and dissect them and  (without trying to be too introspective) track the process of my own mental health as my physical health ebbs and flows.  I believe that even now I am a better person than I was before all of this started.  We each have burns and burdens and scars and troubles and losses and hurts to endure.  There are lessons in these experiences.  Don't miss what it is that you are learning as you stroll through life.  In learning something new, it must be shared with others to that others can benefit.  Which brings me back to the fact that today is Friday.  A school day.  School implies learning.  I think it is time to go and assist in the learning that is in store for 39 middle schoolers.  Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment