Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Keep Calm and September On

Image result for september   Whew.  It's September.  I forgot the truth about Septembers and how they can shock the systems of teachers. Although I love teaching and classrooms and students, each day can seem hurricane-like in its busy-ness.  Each day has me running from one activity to the next.  On most days I hardly have time to eat.  Each afternoon finds me tired.  Each evening I feel a little stiff and sore, as though I have been on a horse for just a little too long, but my doctors predicted that would be the case for me as I continue recovering from the stem cell transplant.   Up early, take my meds, off to school, deal with 43 fascinating children, race off to the sporting events or activities of my own children, find something to eat for dinner, get lessons prepared for the next day, grade a few papers, help out with the household chores, then sit down and realize how exhausted I am.  Before I know it, I am back in bed and...(yawn!)...zzzzzz.
   Psalm 37 reminds me to not fret.  Psalm 46 says to be still.  Psalm 1 exhorts me to stay rooted. Psalm 3 tells me that God is the lifter of my head.  Psalm 150 orders me to praise the Lord. Through the demands of September, I need these reminders. As September gives way to autumn, I need to live these out. As autumn ebbs and Christmas approaches, these are still truths that must be exemplified in my life. Through the New Year, the cold of winter and all the way through until June's graduation ceremony, I must continue to make these a part of my life.  When summer comes, and teachers relax, these truths must continue to echo through the essence of it all.  Cancer has taught me once again of the urgency of embodying these truths every season, every day.  Do not fret...be still...stay rooted...God lifts my head...I must praise Him...these are good reminders for September's chaos.  These are my reminders for life.
 

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you strength and vitality through all this, but acknowledging the absolute all-consuming demands of starting a new school year. Blessings, peace, confidence.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling exhausted with you....thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your life with Nathan.
    Can so relate to your thoughts and the comment of "feeling exhausted with you...thanks for your encouragement."

    ReplyDelete