Saturday, November 26, 2016

A Rainy Saturday


   Saturday...wet and rainy, grey and damp.  One could use weather conditions as a metaphor when describing one's state of mind or a season in life.  Forget it.  "This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it."  Each day is a gift.
   I received a lengthy e-mail from a former student of mine who claimed I was a big influence on her during some difficult days in her life...30 years ago.  While I remember her well and remember her family well, her words were a blessing to me this morning.  They cut through the wet/rainy/grey/damp and encouraged me during this time when I am down a bit.  Thanks Jane.  Blessings to you and your family.
   We just said "good-bye" to our daughter, her husband, and our grandson.  Again, another blessing from God -- well, their existence is the blessing, not the fact that they were leaving.  "Great is thy faithfulness..." from one generation to the next.  OK, I am just rambling here this morning.  It makes no sense to write if I am not saying much.  I have been told that I have the gift of being able to talk until I think of something to say...maybe I can write the same way.
   Time to go get a haircut.  It's all going to fall out anyway...I might as well get rid of it before it comes out in clumps.  That could scare the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment